- Curated monthly experiences
- Free shipping on member experiences
- Swap, skip or cancel at anytime
- 15% discount on all site offers
- Support independent farmers & discover something amazing in return!
How to Eat White Kaua'i Pineapple
However you choose to enjoy it, we think you're going to absolutely fall in love with the white Kaua'i pineapple like we have. Keep reading to learn how to prepare and use this truly unique and exotic fruit.
Preparing White Kaua'i Pineapple
Preparing your white Kaua'i Pineapple is even easier than other varieties. The core is soft and it is seedless, meaning that once you get the rind off, you can eat all of the fruit inside! Here is the best way to remove the rind and get to the smooth, creamy white fruit:
- Cut off the crown.
- Cut off the bottom.
- Slice off around the sides.
- Cut the pineapple in half vertically in half.
- Cut each half into smaller slices or spears.
The bottom slice is typically the sweetest, so save it for someone special.
How To Use White Kaua'i Pineapple
You can use white Kaua'i pineapple much like you would other pineapple, but the flavor is so unique and special that it really deserves to be eaten as the star of the dish. It makes a perfect complement to other tropical fruits like banana, coconut, and pineapple. It will even go well on a charcuterie tray with fresh white cheeses and salty cured meats.
Cooking With White Kaua'i Pineapple
White Kaua'i Pineapple will give at a wonderfully sweet kick to savory plates and desserts. It pairs nicely with herbs like mint, cilantro basil while also balancing the heat from cayenne pepper and jalapeño. When used with warmer spices like cinnamon and ginger its sweetness helps to provide a balance.
Here are some ideas with how to cook with white Kaua'i pineapple:
- Coat with butter and cook to caramelize and add as a garnish or top a dessert.
- Add chunks of white Kaua'i pineapple to chicken or vegetarian fried rice.
- Bake pineapple upside down cake
- Top your homemade Hawaiian pizza with chunks of white Kaua'i pineapple
- Pineapple Carpaccio
Drinking White Kaua'i Pineapple
Due to its smooth texture, White kaua'i pineapple is awesome in drinks.
- Puree to add to cocktails or other mixed drinks
- Toss it into your smoothies with mint and other tropical fruits like banana, coconut, and papaya
- Juice with other fruits and vegetables