Homemade apple cobbler is a must. The sweet buttery topping and caramelized apple filling is a match made in heaven. This cobbler won’t make it a week in the house it’s so good!
Top the cobbler with ice cream, caramel sauce and a sprinkle of cinnamon and savor the apple deliciousness. This cobbler is easy to make and oh so good. Apples spiced with cinnamon, ginger and cloves are topped with a buttery cake like topping.
Get ready to slice into this cobbler for a warm, delicious apple dessert.
Apple Cobbler Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Bake Time: 45-50 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Good for: kid-friendly, desserts, parties
- Difficulty: easy
Apple cobbler is a classic dessert that never gets old. Serve this up for the perfect after dinner dessert.
For the filling
- 3 thinly sliced baking apples peeled and cored (golden delicious, honey crisp, gala or granny smith)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
For the topping
- 1 cup flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cutting board
- 8x8 baking dish
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowls
Prepare the apples:
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples about a ¼ inch thick and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
Prepare the topping:
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the milk, melted butter, beaten egg and vanilla extract and whisk together.
Assemble the apple cobbler:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease your baking dish and add your apple mixture as the base.
- Pour the dough topping on top of the apples. If the topping doesn’t cover all the apples, that’s okay!
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the apple cobbler cool for 15 minutes before slicing into it.
Serve the apple cobbler with your favorite vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. It makes the perfect after dinner dessert or late-night sweet treat.
Next time you’re unsure what dessert to serve at your next gathering, bake this apple cobbler. It’s a classic no one can turn down!
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 370
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 61g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Total Sugars: 40g - Includes 30g Added Sugars
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin D: 0.4mcg
- Calcium: 90mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Potassium: 150mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your apple cobbler on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more apple recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!