Grab yourself a slice of this pizza heaven! Savor the salty prosciutto, peppery arugula and sweet sapodilla all melted together in mozzarella cheese. The balsamic glaze is optional, but we highly recommend it for a hint of richness.
Throw this recipe into your weeknight meal rotation. It’s easy to make in under 25 minutes and hits the spot every time. Plus, you can use some of our delicious sweet fruit!
Ever had fruit on pizza? Well, you won’t be going back to the classic pepperoni any time soon once you try this. Savory and sweet pizza is a combo that’ll make your taste buds jump for joy. You won’t be disappointed!
Arugula, Sapodilla and Prosciutto Pizza Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Bake Time: 12-15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Good for: kid-friendly, dinner, lunch, parties
- Difficulty: easy
Spicy arugula, sweet sapodilla and salty prosciutto makes for one savory and sweet pizza dinner. You’ll be heading back for that second slice in no time.
- 11 inch round pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 thinly sliced sapodilla
- 1 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 cup arugula
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
- Cutting board
- Pizza stone or baking sheet
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Prepare the pizza dough:
- Lay the pizza dough on whatever you choose to bake it on - a pizza stone or a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the olive oil over the dough, making sure to coat the edges of the dough well.
- Sprinkle the salt and garlic powder on top.
- Place the first layer of cheese (¾ cup of the mozzarella cheese) on the dough leaving an inch of space for the crust.
- Top with equal amounts of sapodilla and prosciutto.
- Add the second layer of cheese, another ¾ cup mozzarella cheese.
Bake the pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the pizza for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is crispy.
- Top the pizza with arugula and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on top and enjoy while warm!
When is it not a good time for pizza? You really can’t go wrong with it! Make this sweet and savory pizza for your next pizza night with friends or just because you gotta satisfy that pizza craving.
Serve it alongside an arugula salad to compliment the spicy arugula in the pizza and you got an easy go-to meal ready!
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 360
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 1150mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 35g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Total Sugars: 8g - Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein: 17g
- Vitamin D: 0.2mcg
- Calcium: 310mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Potassium: 180mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your arugula, sapodilla and prosciutto pizza on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more sapodilla recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!