It's summer, it's hot outside and the last thing you want to do is go into the kitchen and start cooking. The avocado salmon poke bowl is a great way to feel healthy, stay cool, and be fully satisfied after you eat.
And the great thing about these poke bowls is that once you know how to make them, you can begin to experiment with adding or subtracting ingredients. Bon Appétit!
- 6 ounces sashimi grade salmon cut into 3/4 –inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari for gluten free
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha or more to taste
- 1 green onion thinly sliced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste can substitute sriracha
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- 3 cups lightly packed baby kale
- 1/2 medium avocado thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/4 large sheet of nori seaweed, thinly sliced
- Pickled ginger if desired
Get the complete recipe by clicking here.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Dara Michalski and Cookin' Canuck.