This is one tasty dish to get brussel sprouts on your (and the kid’s) favorite list. It makes a perfect addition to any fall or winter dinner.
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup jujubes, deseeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Pomegranate seeds to garnish
- To prepare the jujubes, cut out their seeds and roughly chop them into pieces. Cut brussels sprouts in half, thinly slice garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over medium-high heat, add brussels sprouts with cut side down. Fry without moving for about 5 minutes or until crisp and browned on one side. Season with salt and pepper and deglaze the pan with red wine vinegar.
- Add jujubes, garlic and vegetable broth and let simmer on low until vegetable broth reduces and brussels sprouts are tender.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to coat everything and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some pomegranates seeds on top before serving.