Once again the amazing Zuzu has delivered, and this time with a super simple, make without an ice-cream maker, cherimoya ICE CREAM (yes ice cream people) recipe. If this isn't the perfect thing to try on these hotter, crazy days, don't know what is.
- 3 14-ounce cans coconut cream leave it overnight in the fridge.
- 2 ripe cherimoya skin and pits removed.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk.
- 1/2 cup maple pure syrup.
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest.
- Place a large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for 20 minutes.
- Scoop out the coconut cream from the cans of coconut cream. Place in a chilled mixing bowl. Using a mixer, whip until creamy and smooth. Then add vanilla, maple syrup, almond milk, and cinnamon, lemon zest, salt, and nutmeg. Whip until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, purée cherimoya flesh. Then add the puréed cherimoya to the whipped coconut cream by slowly folding the purée into the mixture.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined freezer-safe container and cover loosely with plastic wrap, then with foil to help freeze.
- Freeze overnight for firmer ice cream.
- Set out for at least 20 minutes prior to scooping, and use a scoop that that was warmed in hot water to scoop out.
- Store in the freezer for up 5 days.
Recipe and photos designed exclusively for FruitStand.com by Zuzu from NaturallyZuzu.com