40 cloves of garlic in one recipe might have you thinking twice, but don’t skip this one - it’s a recipe you’ll be keeping in the books.
When garlic cooks, it softens into a melt-in-your-mouth texture and the flavor is much more mellow compared to when it’s fresh. The garlic is first sauteed to releases its flavor into the chicken over time and creates a finger licking worthy dish.
Top your chicken with fresh rosemary and thyme for the perfect savory comfort food meal. Serve atop a bed of rice with a healthy pour of the garlic-infused broth and dig in!
While the dish takes some time to make, it’s worth it for the heavenly flavor.
Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Good for: kid-friendly, main meals, comfort food, gluten-free
- Difficulty: easy
Crispy chicken thighs are baked with 40 cloves of garlic, rosemary and thyme to create a savory and flavorful meal.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 40 cloves garlic (3-4 heads of garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Large pot
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
Prepare the chicken:
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
Cook the chicken:
- Melt the butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in the pot over medium-high heat.
- In batches, brown the chicken on both sides for around 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan to make room for the garlic to cook.
Cook the garlic:
- Lower the heat to low-medium and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 40 cloves of garlic to the skillet.
- Cook the garlic for 3-5 minutes or until browned a bit.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and top with fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Pour the chicken broth on top and stir together.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and thyme and scoop the garlic cloves and broth on top.
Serve this chicken on a bed of rice with extra fresh rosemary and thyme. Pour the broth on top to flavor the rice and keep the chicken juicy.
Add a few soft and buttery garlic cloves with each serving and enjoy!
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 180
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 8g
- Dietary Fiber: <1g
- Total Sugars: <1g - Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein: 15g
- Vitamin D: 0.1mcg
- Calcium: 50mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Potassium: 270mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your chicken with 40 cloves of garlic on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more garlic recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!