Chicken with Longan and Macadamia Salad
Posted by nick musica on
The 'dragon's eye' or lychee is a perfect addition to this salad, adding a brilliant pop of sweetness to the refreshment of the mint and lemon. It's a perfect, healthy meal for those warm summer days when you want to eat something light that doesn't leave you feeling heavy.
If you are looking for ways to make this vegan or vegetarian, try substituting the chicken for quinoa or couscous.
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 red coral lettuce, washed, dried, torn
- 200g longans, peeled, halved, stone removed
- 200g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tbsp macadamia nut oil, or light olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp finely shredded fresh mint leaves
- A pinch of sugar
Get Tracy Rutherford's complete recipe at taste.com.au by clicking here.
Recipe courtesy of Tracy Rutherford.
Photo courtesy of Mark O'Meara.