For many of us, if you could describe a perfect meal, it would include french fries and avocados. This recipe combines those two things into a perfect, healthy treat.
Once you know how to make the avocado fries, you can snack on them or use them as the main ingredient of veggie tacos.
These crunchy and spicy fries pack a punch of flavor! Avocado coated in cornmeal, flaxseed, garlic powder, chili powder and paprika gets you one heck of a fry!
Don’t forget to make the creamy chipotle sauce with a hint of zest. It goes perfectly with our savory fries.
Avocado Fries & Chipotle Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Good for: kid-friendly, snacks, parties, gluten-free, vegan options
- Difficulty: easy
Our crispy, avocado fries have a spicy kick! Dunk them in our creamy chipotle sauce to complete the best side dish you’ve ever tasted! To make the recipe vegan, substitute the egg and milk wash for ¼ cup almond milk & swap the mayo for vegenaise.
For the baked avocado fries
- 2 jumbo avocados sliced into ½ inch wedges
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Avocado oil spray
For the chipotle dipping sauce
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Two bowls
- Baking sheet
Prepare the avocados:
- In a bowl, mix the egg and milk together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornmeal, flaxseed, garlic powder, salt, chili powder and paprika in a bowl.
- Peel and slice the avocados into ½ inch wedges.
- Dunk the wedges in the egg and milk mixture first and then transfer to the cornmeal bowl. Coat the avocado well in the cornmeal.
Bake the avocados:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a baking sheet with avocado oil and place the breaded avocados on the sheet.
- Spray the wedges with avocado oil before baking.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes on one side. Flip and bake for another 6-7 minutes.
Make the Chipotle Dipping Sauce:
- In a blender, add the mayo, chipotle pepper, lime juice, cumin and garlic.
- Blend until smooth and taste test for salt.
- Pour into a serving container.
Serve these fries as an appetizer on their own or use them in main dishes like tacos or wraps.
The crunch on the outside and the creaminess on the inside make them perfect for adding texture to dishes!
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 460
- Total Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 540mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 31g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Total Sugars: 4g - Includes 2g Added Sugars
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin D: 0.4mcg
- Calcium: 40mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Potassium: 480mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your crispy avocado fries on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more avocado recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!