Dragon Fruit Martini
Posted by nick musica on
When you’re a fruit lover you want to use it in everything, especially in tasty beverages. Since FruitStand fruits are so rare, we want to help you put them to the most delicious use, and drink recipes are no exception.
Dragon fruit makes beverages beautiful with their chia-like seeds and white flesh. Once you’re lured in for a sip, you’ll be delighted with the taste of light and floral sweetness with a nutty crunch. That makes dragon fruit wonderful to pair with other delicate flavors in your summer cocktails, baby shower mocktails and morning smoothies.
Sliced, cubed or melon balled dragon fruit can be a striking garnish for cocktails or incorporated into them for beauty, texture and sweetness. Diced dragon fruit can be used to flavor your water, spooned on top of ice in beverages for a delightfully sweet surprise, or frozen for future smoothies.
DRAGON FRUIT MARTINI RECIPE
- Serves 2
- Contains alcohol, gluten free, vegan
The light flavor and delicately firm texture makes dragon fruit especially versatile for cocktail enthusiasts to use in drink recipes. Plus, the black seeds and white flesh of dragon fruit make an almost polka dotted pattern which can make a cocktail look very graphic and fancy. And who doesn’t want a graphic and fancy cocktail every once in a while? That’s why we at FruitStand hope you enjoy this dragon fruit martini recipe responsibly!
Perhaps the most widely debated cocktail of all time, the martini can be made with vodka or gin. We’ll let you decide which you like best, because we’re all about the fruit! We recommend a good quality vodka so that the floral sweetness of the dragon fruit is front and center. But you do you, friend.
- 1 dragon fruit
- 5 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- Melon baller or chef knife
- Toothpicks or cocktail picks
- Large mixing glass
- Two chilled martini glasses
Method - Prepare the dragon fruit:
- Slice a ripe dragon fruit into one inch cubes (or scoop with a melon baller) to make 4-6 pieces.
- Using a toothpick, skewer two to three pieces of fruit onto each and set aside.
Prepare the cocktail:
- Pour vodka and vermouth into a large mixing glass.
- Add ice cubes and mix for about 30 seconds until the cocktail is very cold.
- Strain the beverage into two2 chilled martini glasses.
- Place the dragon fruit garnish into the martini glasses and enjoy!
FruitStand recommends using dragon fruit as soon as you can after slicing it open. However, you can still make dragon fruit martini garnish ahead of time! Make the dragon fruit skewers the night before and store them in an airtight container. Keep the garnish cold and pop them into the martini just before serving.