Do you like garlic? Like, really like garlic? How about squash? We have the recipe for you.
- 898 Squash (or butternut squash)
- Sea salt - medium to large grain (I used Slow Island Ginger Turmeric Kona Sea Salt)(For added appeal, I also used a pinch of Hawaiian Black Sea Salt)
- Dried thyme
- Garlic cloves (as much or as little as you want. I used Garlic Gods heirloom Chesnok Red garlic)
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/Preheat oven to 365 degrees
- 2/Cut squash in half and deseed. Quarter the halves so that you have 8 slices per each squash.
- 2/Arrange squash into baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- 3/Peel garlic clove(s) and thinly slice. Add garlic slices to each slice of squash. They should adhere to the squash with the olive oil.
- 4/Sprinkle salts(s) and dried thyme onto squash.
- 5/Roast uncovered in oven for about 25 mins, until squash is soft when poked with a fork and the tops of the squash are browned.
- 6/Serve and enjoy! Don’t forget to scrape the oily salty bits from the baking sheet and add to top of cooked squash.
From Emily Ashby, Brand Ambassador to FruitStand