Kebabs make for an easy meal, and these Hawaiian guava chicken skewers are so flavorful, they’ll be your new favorite meal on a stick!
We strung chicken marinated in a lime pineapple and coconut soy sauce with chunks of fresh pineapple and white guava. Make sure to use fresh fruit in this recipe for the best flavor!
White guava and pineapple carmelize and ooze out their amazing natural sugary sweetness. The savory marinade and sweet fruit pair well together and will have you reaching for another skewer!
Hawaiian Guava Chicken Kebabs Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Marinating Time: 4 hours
- Grill Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Good for: main meals, grilling, parties, gluten-free
- Difficulty: medium
Heat up the grill! We got chicken kebabs with carmelized pineapples and white guavas for a sweet and savory meal.
- 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast chopped into 1inch cubes
- 2 white guavas chopped into 1inch cubes
- 4 cups pineapple chopped into 1inch cubes
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Oil for brushing the grill grates
- Cutting board
- Bamboo skewers
- Gallon sized bag
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Prepare the marinade:
- Whisk together the soy sauce, coconut milk, pineapple juice, lime juice, garlic and brown sugar.
- Pour the marinade into a gallon-sized bag and add the chopped chicken breast.
- Massage well and seal pushing out the air.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for 4-6 hours.
Prepare the skewers:
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30-60 minutes prior to grilling.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat or around 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Assemble the skewers alternating between white guava, pineapple and chicken. We did pineapple, white guava, pineapple, chicken, but you can create your own pattern!
- Brush the grill grates lightly with oil and grill the skewers for 10 minutes, rotating the skewers at the halfway point as they cook.
There are so many ways to serve kebabs! Eat them as is right off the skewer or serve them on a bed of rice, couscous or farro. Make kebab sandwiches with pita bread and your favorite dip or spread.
Get creative and add other exotic fruit to the skewers. Grilling the white guava brings out a new richness to its flavor profile, so your tastebuds will love the flavor!
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 290
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 1090mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Total Sugars: 25g - Includes 3g Added Sugars
- Protein: 30g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 40mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Potassium: 410mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your guava chicken kebabs on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more white guava recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!