Colorful, bright and tasty describes these dragon fruit rainbow rolls. Packed with fresh veggies and fruit for a nutritious and delicious meal, and protein too thanks to tofu.
Dip these rolls in our tahini ginger sauce for extra zest and spice! These easy to make rolls will become a new favorite. They’re quick to make and easily customizable. Add the toppings you love and switch up the dipping sauce from time to time for a new twist on the recipe
Dragon Fruit Rainbow Rolls Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Good for: kid-friendly, meals, parties, gluten-free, vegan
- Difficulty: easy
Taste the rainbow takes on a whole new meaning with these dragon fruit rolls. Packed with color and flavor in rice wraps for a gluten-free and vegan meal.
For the rainbow rolls
- 10 rice paper wraps
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into ¼ inch strips
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced into ¼ inch strips
- ½ cup watermelon radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned beets sliced into ¼ inch strips
- ½ a head of purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 avocados thinly sliced
- 1 dragon fruit sliced into ¼ inch strips
- 16oz package extra-firm tofu, drained, pressed and cut into ¼ inch strips
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
For the dipping sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- Cutting board
- Bowl for dipping sauce
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Platter for rainbow rolls
- Two towels, books/canned goods to press the tofu
- Bowl for wetting the rice wraps
Press the tofu:
- Drain the package of tofu and place the tofu on a cutting board with a towel underneath it and a towel covering it.
- Apply pressure to the tofu with books or canned goods for 15 minutes to release the water.
- Afterward, slice the tofu into ¼ inch sticks.
Prepare the vegetables:
- Wash and chop all the vegetables and dragon fruit.
Prepare the rice wraps:
- Place the rice wraps in a bowl of room temperature water or run under a facet for 5 seconds. Remove and place on a cutting board.
- Place a few pieces of each chopped veggie, tofu, dragon fruit and sprinkle of sesame seeds on the rice wrap (about a size of a large handful), leaving 2 inches of space on the parameter of the wrap.
- Roll the wrap like a burrito tucking in the ends and assemble on a platter.
Prepare the dipping sauce:
- Whisk together the tahini, rice vinegar, lime juice, sugar and ginger.
- Pour into a small container.
Serve these rainbow rolls for lunch or dinner or cut into small portions and serve as an appetizer.
The rice paper is great for those needing a gluten-free option, but you can also try soy paper wraps, kale or collard greens or nori seaweed sheets as the base of the wrap.
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 790
- Total Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 1560mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 112g
- Dietary Fiber: 11g
- Total Sugars: 12g - Includes 3g Added Sugars
- Protein: 30g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 930mg
- Iron: 6.8mg
- Potassium: 900mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your dragon fruit rainbow rolls on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more dragon fruit recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!