This lemon pappardelle is the perfect choice for those dinners when you're looking for something special but you don't have the energy to spend all day in the kitchen.
We made a creamy, basil sauce to dress the jumbo shrimp and tomatoes.Top the dish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
Pair it with an oaky and buttery chardonnay or a vibrant sauvignon blanc. You'll feel all the luxury of a gourmet dinner without all of the effort. Buon appetito!
Lemon Pappardelle with Shrimp Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Good for: dinner, seafood, main meals
- Difficulty: easy
Creamy, lemony pappardelle with shrimp, tomatoes and basil creates one beautiful and flavorful meal. Enjoy this savory dinner makes the perfect comfort food dish.
- 8 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb raw peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- Parmesan cheese and basil for garnish
- Cutting board
- Large skillet
- Stove & oven
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
Cook the pappardelle:
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or al dente.
- Drain the pasta with a colander.
Cook the shrimp:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper the shrimp and cook in the olive oil until pink or opaque (about 5-8 minutes).
- Add the butter, sliced cherry tomatoes, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 more minutes.
Create the sauce:
- Add the cream, lemon juice and basil to the skillet.
- Mix in the cooked pappardelle and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Plate the dish:
- Serve the pasta and garnish with extra basil and parmesan cheese if desired. Buon appetito!
This dish makes the perfect dinner and takes little time to prepare - a total dream! No need to go to a five-star restaurant when you can cook up a five-star meal at home!
Serve alongside a side salad and garlic bread for a complete meal. Garnish with extra basil and parmesan cheese or if you want more spice, add more red pepper flakes on top!
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 290
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 12g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Total Sugars: 2g - Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein: 21g
- Vitamin D: 0.3mcg
- Calcium: 60mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Potassium: 50mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your lemon pappardelle with shrimp on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more exotic fruit recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!