Mangosteen Coconut Cooler
Posted by nick musica on
Mangosteen, coconut and lime come together in a major chord of refreshing deliciousness in this easy drink recipe. The flavor of mangosteen is so unique that you want to fully appreciate its taste in your beverages. We at FruitStand concocted this coconut cooler recipe with mangosteen as the star of the show to do just that.
Mangosteens are rare little fruits that make star performances in countless recipes. Clean coconut and tangy lime lays down the rhythm in this refreshing cooler while pureed mangosteen performs keytar solo on your tongue. Once this drink debuts in your kitchen, it’s gonna be mangosteen mania!
Coconut lovers tend to have particular preferences about their coconut water. We recommend using coconut water made from 100% coconut juice in this recipe because we think it has the best flavor and isn’t too sweet. But don’t worry. You can go your own way and use any coconut water you like best.
This mangosteen coconut cooler recipe is a perfect refreshment to serve at parties, pour into your personal water bottle, or to keep in the fridge to enjoy throughout the day. If you’re only serving big kids over the age of 21, adding up to a cup of vodka to the recipe will turn the party up to 11.
MANGOSTEEN COCONUT COOLER RECIPE
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Good for: kid friendly, gluten-free, vegan, pitchers
- Difficulty: easy
Preparing this mangosteen beverage couldn’t be simpler. This recipe will serve a small crowd, or one thirsty mangosteen fan throughout the day. Scale the mangosteen coconut cooler recipe up by doubling the amounts called for here.
- 1L coconut water made from 100% coconut juice
- 4 mangosteens
- 1 lime, juiced (about ½ - ⅔ c)
- ½ tsp lime zest (about ½ lime)
- large pitcher
- large spoon
- small blender or masher
Prepare the mangosteen:
- Open the mangosteens and remove the individual fruit sections from the peel. Remove any large pits and discard them along with the mangosteen peel.
- Place the mangosteen fruit into a small blender and pulse for a few seconds until the fruit is pureed. If you don’t have a blender, place the fruit into a medium sized bowl, and using a potato masher or large fork, mash the fruit into a thick puree.
Prepare the cooler:
- Pour the mashed mangosteen pulp, lime juice, zest and coconut water into the pitcher, and stir until combined. Add ice to the pitcher, put on your best straw hat and serve in chilled glasses with ice. Bonus points if you’re using round ice cubes!
Refrigerate any leftover mangosteen coconut cooler in a covered pitcher for up to two days. You can also combine the mangosteen pulp, lime juice and zest and freeze for future batches. You can also swap in coconut milk for the coconut water for a creamy and tropical version of this refreshing mangosteen drink!
Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit! So show us how you enjoy your FruitStand delivery by mentioning us @FruitStandcom on Instagram to be featured in our stories!