Buttery melt in your mouth cookies are something we can all agree are downright good, and these velvety cookies with grapefruit icing are to die for! Dip them in your tea or coffee in the morning and delight in their soft crumble.
The icing glaze is made with our oro blanco grapefruit for a fruity twist and gives the cookies an extra dose of sweetness! Make these for any occasion or around Valentine’s day for your sweetheart.
Melt in Your Mouth Cookies with Grapefruit Frosting Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Bake Time: 13 -15 minutes
- Servings: 28 cookies
- Good for: kid-friendly, desserts, parties
- Difficulty: easy
Easy to make, buttery melt in your mouth cookies iced in oro blanco grapefruit icing are an easy cookie to bake and never disappoint.
For the cookies:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the icing:
- 1 ½ cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons oro blanco grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Standing mixer
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
Prepare the dough:
- In a mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar and cornstarch and set aside.
- In a standing mixer, beat the butter until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract to the butter.
- Add the pre-sifted dry ingredients in batches to the mixer and blend until the dough forms a ball around the mixer attachment.
- Take the dough out of the mixer and separate into 2 balls and roll into 1 ½ inch in diameter logs.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Bake the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the dough of the refrigerator and slice into ¼ inch thick circles and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are golden on the bottom.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before icing them.
Ice the cookies:
- Wisk together the sifted powdered sugar, grapefruit juice and melted butter.
- If you want a bit of a pink tint, add a drop or two of red food coloring and mix it into the icing.
- Spread the icing on the cooled cookies. The icing will harden as it sits on the cookies.
- If desired, place a piece of the oro blanco grapefruit on top of the glazed cookies and enjoy!
Serve these cookies with coffee and tea for a breakfast sweet treat. They also make a great easy to grab dessert for gatherings like bridal showers or baby showers.
Top with the slice of oro blanco grapefruit or swap it for sprinkles or zest on top. Let us know your favorite way to serve them on social!
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 55mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 13g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Total Sugars: 7g - Includes 7g Added Sugars
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Potassium 10mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your melt in your mouth cookies with grapefruit icing on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more oro blanco grapefruit recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!