Mini Pavlovas with Lime Curd and Caviar Limes
Posted by Joshua Lippiner on
Ok, I know what you are thinking, "What's a Pavlova and why would I eat anything with "curd" in it?" (see what I did there? a quote inside a quote - it's like the fourth wall of grammar).
Trust me, these are amazing. They have meringue - check. They have caviar limes - check. They have fun words - PAVLOVA - check check.
Give them a go and come back to let us know what you think!
For the curd
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs or 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup lime juice (juice from approximately 2 limes)
- 3 teaspoons lime zest, divided (zest from approximately 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the finishing touches:
- Approximately 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Approximately 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large caviar lime
View the recipe here.
Mini Pavlovas with Lime Curd and Caviar (Finger) Limes from NoonCafe.com
Get The Limes!
You can't make a Mini Pavlovas with Lime Curd and Caviar Limes without caviar limes!