Summer is upon us and the heat is getting crazy! Nothing both cools you off and gives you the mellow vibes of a tropical vacation like ice cream made from a tropical fruit. If you love passion fruit and ice cream, this is to die for!
Get ready for a rich, sweet, fruity ice cream. Made with pulp from fresh passion fruit for the most flavorful ice cream you can get your hands on. Don’t forget to reserve some of that pulp to top the ice cream with when serving for a drool-worthy scoop.
Passion Fruit Ice Cream Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Freeze Time: 6 hours
- Servings: 12 ½ cup servings
- Good for: kid-friendly, dessert, parties, gluten-free
- Difficulty: easy
Sweet and tart passion fruit ice cream is easy to make and will wow your friends when you tell them you made this from scratch.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup passion fruit pulp (about 6-7 passion fruits, plus an extra one for topping the ice cream)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Standing mixer
- 9x5 bread pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
Prepare the passion fruit pulp:
- Slice and scoop out the pulp from the fresh passion fruits and add it to a blender.
- Pulse the pulp but don’t blend it. You want the seeds to remain intact but the pulp to break up.
- Strain the pulp over a colander and use a spoon to mash the pulp in the colander to extract as much juice as possible.
- Pour the strained pulp into a mixing bowl.
- Discard the seeds or add a few in if you want the seeds in the ice cream.
Prepare the whipped cream:
- Beat the heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form (about 2-3 minutes).
Prepare the ice cream:
- In the mixing bowl containing the passion fruit pulp, add in the sweetened condensed milk and salt.
- Pour the passion fruit and sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream. Fold together with a spatula until well combined.
- Pour into a 9x5 bread pan, cover and freeze for 6 hours.
Serve this tropical ice cream in the summertime when you need a delicious treat to cool off. Top it with a little whipped cream for extra creaminess or slice an extra passion fruit and squeeze the fruit on top for extra tang and sweetness.
Serve in a bowl or in a cone and dig in!
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 260
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 110mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Total Sugars: 23g - Includes 17g Added Sugars
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin D: 0.7mcg
- Calcium: 130mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Potassium: 180mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your passion fruit ice cream on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more passion fruit recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!