We know this Cinco De Mayo might look and feel a little different than usual. But, just because you might be home on this holiday doesn’t mean you can’t have a fiesta!
So, to celebrate let’s all pour a glass and indulge in our latest and greatest recipe: Plant-based Ceviche on Grilled Avocado Boats! INGREDIENTS
- 3-4 ripe avocados
- 1 tsp of grape seed oil
- 1 can of hearts of palm
- 3 Roma tomatoes or 1 cup heirloom grape tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed
- Juice from 2 limes
- A handful of cilantro chopped
- Cut avocados in half, remove the seed, and brush it with grapeseed oil.
- Turn a stovetop or outdoor grill on high.
- Grill each avocado face down for 4-5 min or until you see dark grill marks.
- Remove them from the grill and set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop the hearts of palm, onions, tomato and cilantro, jalapeños, mint, and place everything in a deep bowl.
- Season with salt and lime juice. Carefully mix the ceviche and adjust the seasoning as needed.
Scoop a tablespoon of ceviche on each grilled avocado boat and serve the remaining ceviche and the boats with corn chips.
Another amazing recipe from the incredible Zuzu at NaturallyZuzu.com