The day is hot, you’ve been outside in the sun and you need that perfectly sweet, cold drink that will quench your thirst and help beat the heat. This delicious take on lemonade will have you totally hooked and life will never be the same.
Simply grab some plums, the partial watermelon you already have cut up in the fridge and some limes and you’re good to go. Lemonade has never been so tasty.
We love the flavors of lime and watermelon together, but if you prefer a more classic lemonade with lemons, go for it! Swap the limes for lemons and you’re good to go.
Plum Watermelonade Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Good for: kid-friendly, beverages, parties, gluten-free, vegan
- Difficulty: easy
Refreshingly sweet plum watermelonade is the perfect combination of summer flavors. Enjoy this twist on classic lemonade when you need a cool drink.
- 6 cups chopped seedless watermelon (1 small watermelon)
- 4 plums halved and seeds removed
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ½ cups water, divided
- Cutting board
- Small saucepan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Prepare the watermelon plum juice:
- Blend the watermelon in a blender until smooth. The watermelon will take up all the space in the blender, so blend this first to make room for the plums.
- Next, add the plums and blend until smooth.
- Strain the juice through a colander to remove the peel and pulp.
- Use a spoon to mash the pulp and extract as much juice as possible. You should get about 4 cups of juice after mashing the pulp.
Prepare the simple syrup:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring ½ cup of water and the sugar to a gentle boil.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and then take the pan off the heat.
Prepare the pitcher:
- In a pitcher, add 2 cups cold water, the prepared simple syrup and lime juice. You now have a limeade!
- Add the strained plum watermelon juice to the pitcher and stir well.
Pour the drink:
- Serve the plum watermelonade in ice-filled glasses with a chunk of watermelon for garnish.
- If the pitcher has been sitting for awhile, the leftover pulp will settle on the bottom. Give the pitcher a stir before serving to help everything remix together.
If you want to make the drink an adults only beverage, add your favorite brand of vodka. Who doesn’t love a good vodka lemonade? Vodka watermelonade sounds like the perfect summer cocktail if you ask us!
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 100
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: <1g
- Total Sugars: 23g - Includes 12g Added Sugars
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 10mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Potassium: 200mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your plum watermelonade on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more plum recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!