So easy to make. So pomegranatey (is that a word!?) Who cares. For something sweet, different and amazing, give this a try and share the love!
Just 4 simple ingredients is all you need for this sweet and tart dessert. The recipe brings blueberries and pomegranate together to get this beautiful color of magenta and sweet berry flavor.
Sorbet is a favorite summer dessert, but try making this in the winter for when you’re needing a reminder of warmer days.
Plus, the best part is that it’s easy to make with just a food processor, pomegranate juice, lime juice, frozen blueberries and simple syrup. Let’s dig in!
Pomegranate Sorbet Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Freeze Time: 6 hours
- Servings: 3
- Good for: kid-friendly, desserts, parties, gluten-free, vegan
- Difficulty: easy
Blueberries and pomegrante are the perfect combo for this delicious sorbet. The flavor is a burst of berry and sweet pomegranate, so get your taste buds ready!
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Gallon sized bag
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Food processor
Prepare the pomegranate juice:
- Whisk together the pomegranate juice, simple syrup and lime juice.
- Pour the juice mixture into a gallon sized bag and seal the bag.
- Lay the bag flat on a baking sheet. Freeze for 6 hours or until frozen. Since the mixture is high in sugar, it won’t freeze into a solid rock. It’s still have some movement, which is good. We want the sorbet to be smooth and scoopable!
- Once the juice mixture is frozen, take the bag out of the freeze and break it up into pieces.
Prepare the sorbet:
- Add the broken up pomegranate juice pieces and frozen blueberries to a food processor.
- Pulse until everything is blended together.
- Stop the food processor every once in a while to scrape the sides and continue blending.
Serve the pomegranate sorbet:
- Serve the sorbet right away as it’s at its ideal temperature and consistency.
- Otherwise, freeze it in a container and reblend in a food processor when serving to get the fluffy, smooth consistency again.
Serve this pomegranate sorbet with a hint of blueberry any time of the year! It’s perfect for cooling off in the summer and enjoying in the winter with fresh pomegranate.
Top with fresh pomegranate seeds to get an extra burst of pomegranate flavor with every bite!
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 90
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 22g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 20g - Includes 15g Added Sugars
- Protein: 0g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 0mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Potassium: 40mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your pomegranate sorbet on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more pomegranate recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!