This healthy salad is a great way to showcase the wonderful qualities of your fresh heart of palm. We think you're going to love it.
Crunchy, crispy veggies paired with a lemony, garlic vinaigrette come together in this colorful quinoa salad. The star of the recipe is the heart of palm. With its light, mild flavor the heart of palm takes on the delicious flavors of the vinaigrette.
Serve this vibrant salad as a side to meals or have as a satisfying and filling snack in the afternoon.
Quinoa Salad with Fresh Hearts of Palm Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Good for: side dish, snacks, parties, gluten-free, vegan
- Difficulty: easy
Quinoa salad mixed with heart of palm and crisp veggies dressed in a lemony garlic vinaigrette make this salad a great snack or side dish that’s not only worth savoring but filling.
- 1 cup tricolored quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups sliced heart of palm (15oz can)
- 1 cup quartered cucumber
- ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ⅔ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup sliced kalamata olives
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Small pot and lid
- Fine-mesh strainer
- Cutting board
- Salad serving bowl
- Bowl for vinaigrette
- Whisk or fork for vinaigrette
Cook the Quinoa:
- Rinse 1 cup quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer under cool water. Once the water runs clear, set aside to drip and drain.
- Combine the rinsed quinoa and vegetable broth in a small pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until all the broth has been absorbed.
- After cooking, set the pot of quinoa aside to cool for 5 minutes and fluff with a fork.
- Once cooled, add the quinoa to a large serving bowl.
Chop the Ingredients:
- Slice and chop the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper and kalamata olives. Add to the large bowl of cooled quinoa. Mix well together.
- Slice the heart of palm and gently mix it into the quinoa salad. Since the heart of palm falls apart easily, mixing it in last helps it stay together as best as possible.
Prepare the Vinaigrette:
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Pour over the quinoa salad and mix well.
Serve this hearty salad as a side dish or turn it into a main meal by adding beans and chicken.
This quinoa salad is great for using up fresh vegetables from the summer harvest, but can also be enjoyed any time of year.
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 190
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium: 580mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 19g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Total Sugars: 2g - Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 40mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Potassium: 250mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your quinoa salad with fresh hearts of palm on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more heart of palm recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!