Roasted squash is one of our fall favorites. This is the satisfying vegetable side that you have been waiting for. It is paired with crispy sage and garlic, fried in a lime zest laced butter, crunchy, like autumn leaves under your feet.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 898 Squash
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lime or lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Melt butter and mix with garlic, lemon or lime zest and salt.
- Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds and set aside. Score the squash halves and rub with half of the garlic butter. Season with some more salt and pepper and put skin side down on a baking sheet in the oven. Roast for about 40 - 50 minutes until soft and caramelized.
- While the squash is cooking, put the remaining garlic butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Fry sage leaves until crisp, about 5 minutes, making sure not to crowd the pan. Transfer sage leaves and crispy garlic bits to a paper towel.
- Serve squash drizzled with browned butter from frying, fried sage leaves and crispy garlic.