Rich, creamy and cheesy spaghetti with a drizzle of fresh yuzu juice will become your new favorite pasta dish. If you love a good spaghetti al limone than you’re going to love this yuzu spin-off!
The dish comes together very quickly, so you won’t have to wait before savoring the creamy goodness. The rich sauce is made with butter, cream, garlic and parmesan cheese….is your mouth watering yet?
If not, it will be by the time you start smelling all the savory aromas of this dish!
Spaghetti al Yuzu Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Good for: kid-friendly, dinner, main meals
- Difficulty: easy
Italian spaghetti cooked in a creamy, garlic sauce topped with fresh yuzu juice is the perfect easy weeknight dinner.
- 8 ounces spaghetti pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon yuzu zest
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons yuzu juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cutting board
- Large pot
- Large saucepan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Zester or grater
Cook the pasta:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, reserve ½ cup of the pasta water for later use and drain the remaining water.
Create the creamy yuzu sauce:
- Heat a saucepan over low-medium heat and add the butter. Once melted, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute before adding the heavy cream and yuzu zest.
- Simmer together for 3 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of the pasta water to the sauce along with the cooked pasta. Toss to coat well.
- Add the shredded parmesan cheese in batches, stirring to help it melt into the sauce and pasta.
- If needed, add 1-2 tablespoons of pasta water if you notice the sauce drys up.
- Stir in the yuzu juice and taste for salt and pepper before serving.
- Garnish with a slice of yuzu zest and extra parmesan cheese if desired.
Make this your new spaghetti dish! It’s hard not to fall in love with all the flavors. Top with a slice of yuzu zest and freshly grated parmesan cheese or fresh herbs like thyme would complement the citrus beautifully.
If you want a more filling meal with added protein, try incorporating chicken or tofu into the dish. A citrus thyme marinade would complement the pasta well.
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 450
- Total Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 46g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Total Sugars: 2g - Includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein: 12g
- Vitamin D: 0.5mcg
- Calcium: 140mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 190mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your spaghetti al yuzu on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more yuzu recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!