Strawberry Guava Agua Fresca
Posted by nick musica on
What’s an agua fresca, you ask? Aguas frescas are as light, refreshing and beautiful as they are delicious. An agua fresca is made by combining fresh fruit, citrus and a little sweetener with cold water and served over ice. Aguas frescas, translated literally from Spanish to “fresh waters”, are popular all over Mexico and Central America. Over at FruitStand, we love packing our aguas frescas with strawberry guava-va-voom!
If you’ve never had an agua fresca, this is one recipe that’s sure to get you hooked. The best part of this strawberry guava agua fresca recipe is that once you know how to make it, you can swap in or add different fruits like pineapple, mango, coconut, watermelon and cherimoya.
Agua fresca is a great way to drink strawberry guava and other fruits like juice, while retaining more of the fiber and nutrients of the whole fruit. That makes this agua fresca a satisfying and delicious drink - not just some watered-down fruit juice.
This strawberry agua fresca drink recipe will be adored by kids, impressive at parties, or simply sipped in the backyard while swinging in a hammock. Consider this method a blank canvas for dreaming up more delicious and fruity aguas frescas for your FruitStand deliveries!
STRAWBERRY GUAVA AGUA FRESCA RECIPE
- Servings: 4
- Alcohol-free, kid-friendly, gluten free, vegan
- 2-3 cups strawberry guavas, seeds removed
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or agave syrup
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Small bowl
- Mesh sieve (not too fine)
- Large pitcher
Step 1: Prepare the strawberry guava:
- Slice ripe strawberry guavas in half and scoop out the hard seeds with a small spoon. Set the seeds aside in a bowl with about 1/4c water. Place strawberry guava halves into the blender
- Because the strawberry guava seeds will still have precious fruit attached to them, use the mesh sieve to separate the juicy flesh from the hard seeds. To do this, set the sieve above the blender and pour the bowl of seeds and water into it. Press the mixture through the mesh until the seeds are clean(ish), then discard the seeds.
Step 2: Prepare the agua fresca
- Add 1½ cups of water, lime juice and sweetener to the strawberry guavas in the blender. Blend on high until the strawberry guava puree is very smooth.
- Strain the puree into your favorite pitcher, then mix in the remaining 1½ cups of water.
- Serve in chilled glasses with ice and garnish with a sprig of mint.
The strawberry guava agua fresca can be made the night before and can be refrigerated in a sealed pitcher for up to two days. We recommend freezing the fruit puree in a sealed container for up to three months, then add the rest of the water after thawing.
Kids of all ages absolutely love this fresh and fruity beverage. This strawberry agua fresca recipe makes for a great adult beverage as well, pairing nicely with a light blended rum or tequila. Add texture and omega-3s to this drink by mixing 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds into the pitcher, stir and let it sit in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes until the seeds puff into their gel-like consistency.
Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit! So show us how you enjoy your FruitStand delivery by mentioning us @FruitStandcom on Instagram to be featured in our stories!