This lemon loaf will knock your socks off with its zesty lemon flavor and its moist and tender texture. You can enjoy it at any part of your day whether it's alongside your morning coffee or for dessert as you finish up a long workday. It will bring a smile to your face and make your tastebuds jump for joy.
Made with freshly squeezed lemon juice and zest for a full burst of lemon flavor. Our loaf is baked to get a crisp golden edge and moist, soft interior. You’ll be eating every last crumb!
Don’t forget to top the loaf with our buttery, lemon glaze. While the loaf tastes amazing without the glaze, a little extra sweetness doesn’t hurt!
The sweet, lemony glaze is thicker than most glazes so that it coats the loaf well. Pour the silky, smooth glaze over top to get the best lemon loaf you’ve ever tasted.
The Best Lemon Loaf Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Bake Time: 50-55 minutes
- Servings: 14
- Good for: baking, breakfast, snacks, desserts
- Difficulty: medium
Lemony goodness is what you’ll find in our lemon loaf recipe with pockets of bright zest sprinkled throughout the baked good.
For the lemon loaf
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick softened)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the lemon glaze
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 9 x 5 loaf pan
- Bowl for dry ingredients
- Small bowl for glaze
Prepare the batter:
- Cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time on low speed.
- Stop the mixer and the sour cream, lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Mix on medium speed to incorporate. The batter will curdle, but that’s to be expected.
- In another bowl, sift the four, baking powder and salt together and slowly add it into the batter in three batches on low speed. Stop the mixer once fully combined to avoid overmixing.
Bake the lemon loaf:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fareinheight.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake on a lower rack level for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Allow the loaf to cool before removing it from the pan and glazing.
Make the lemon icing:
- Whisk together the lemon juice, melted butter and sifted powdered sugar.
- Drizzle over the cooled lemon loaf.
Enjoy our lemon loaf any time of the day for a sweet treat. No need to go to your local coffee shop for your favorite baked good when you have it at home!
Serve the baked good as a breakfast pastry or mid-afternoon dessert. Enjoy with a cup of lemon tea for more lemon flavor or a glass of milk.
Nutritional Information for One Serving:
- Calories: 230
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 120mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 32g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Total Sugars: 22g - Includes 21g Added Sugars
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin D: 0.2mcg
- Calcium: 30mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Potassium: 50mg
Don’t forget to show us how you’re making your lemon loaf on Instagram @FruitStandcom! Nothing makes us happier than when we see you enjoying your fruit. Each time you share your FruitStand experience, you’re supporting small farmers and helping other fruit geeks discover rare and delicious produce sustainably. Try even more recipes from your FruitStand fam on our blog!