By Chef Gida
- 1/2 cup graham flour
- 1/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons (2oz) butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Whisk together dry ingredients
- Pour in melted butter and stir until butter is incorporated and crumble is in small clumps.
- Place on a cookie sheet in an oven at 350 (325 for convection) cook for 10 minutes or until crumble is lightly browned and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Lime Vanilla Curd
- 2/3 C. fresh squeezed lime juice strained
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest (plus more for finishing the parfaits)
- 1/3 C. Kauai Vanilla Bean Culinary Syrup [This curd is on the tart side to balance with the sweet whipped cream. If you prefer sweeter desserts, increase the Syrup to 1/2 Cup]
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons cold Salted Butter Cut into small cubes
- Or 1/4 tsp kosher salt if working with unsalted butter
- In a blender combine all ingredients except the butter.
- Blend on medium until well combined and light in color.
- Transfer to a medium size stainless steel bowl that you will set on a double boiler. Simply put, the bowl with the curd will be set onto a pot with water in it on your cook top. Make sure your bowl is close in size to the pot you’re using and sets on top securely but doesn’t touch the water in the pot below. The curd will gently cook from the heat of the steam underneath it as you whisk.
- Prepare a fine strainer and another clean dry bowl set in an ice bath, set on the side
- Turn on heat under pot to medium high and whisk.
- Using a thermometer to monitor temperature, heat to 175 degrees and remove from heat. If you have no thermometer you can watch for the whisk to leave tracks in the curd. About 5-7 minutes
- Remove from bowl from heat and whisk in the butter a few cubes at a time until they are completely incorporated.
- Strain the curd into a clean bowl set in the ice bath and allow to cool for a few minutes before covering and placing in the refrigerator. To avoid a “skin” forming on your curd, place plastic wrap on the surface of the curd prior to covering the bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. Curd will keep refrigerated for up to 7 days.
Vanilla Bean Whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons Kauai Vanilla Bean Culinary Syrup
- Whisk or use a hand blender until whipped cream holds a soft peak.
- Cover and refrigerate.
In a clear cup or dish of your choosing, alternate layers of crumble, curd and whipped cream. Finish with a sprinkling of crumble and some fresh lime zest.